Sunday, April 3, 2011

Future of the Internet

Honestly, I am not sure what to predict of the future of the Internet because there are just too many possibilities. Some of the clips that we saw in the lecture were pretty amazing and it reminded me of a few things Mr Abel Choy said. One of the was "[E]verything is created twice - the first time is in your mind and the second time in reality." That statement got me thinking for quite while. It once again made me realise that the virtual and real worlds are overlapping more and more. Maybe, just maybe, whatever we see in Avatar will come true. Judging by the incredibly rapid speed at which technology is developing, maybe people will be able to connect to their laptops by inserting a finger into some high-tech port in their computers. They will have it taped to their nails using ever-lasting glue or have it surgically embedded into their fingers.


As usual, credits to the greatest cartoonist of all, Bill Amend!


For me, one of the issues I am most concerned about is still security. I'm really bad with technology but tonnes of people out there are extremely tech-savvy. The community of hackers will most likely increase as more people are using the Internet. Although I am not sure if it will happen in my lifetime, I am indeed quite curious about what the North Koreans will do when they are exposed to the wonders of the Internet. They will probably try and take over the world via the cyber world so the international fear of their missiles will also be translated to the virtual world.


Credits to Reporters without Borders. They are an organization that look into various issues and studies with regards to journalism freedom in all parts of the world. And, yes, they don't think very highly of Singapore. I don't think I need to explain why.


I was searching for images on 'North Korea Internet' and I came across some really interesting results. For some really odd reasons which my dense mind is incapable of formulating, they showed me tonnes of Justin Bieber images as well. LOL



Since I am not part of the Bieber Fever, please forgive me for making fun of him. Because I think I've finally discovered the biggest reason why North Korea refused to allow the Internet - to deter his quest for world domination. You think Kim Jong Il will ever allow that to happen? No way.

No comments: