Sunday, April 3, 2011

Making MORE $$$ on the Internet

Most people who know me will also know that I'm learning Korean language now. I started picking up the language in 2009 so it has indeed been quite a while since my K-craze started. I have always wanted to learn another language and was contemplating between Japanese and Korean. Then I settled for learning Korean language because of a really ridiculous reason. I had bought this HUUUGGEEEE load of extremely cute Korean stickers and I realised that I could not understand the little Korean words on the stickers. And yes. I started learning Korean just so that I could understand what my stickers were talking about. LOL! In short, shopping made me learn Korean and learning Korean made me shop more. Why? Because I find this: This thing here is called GMarket and it works similarly to Ebay. However, GMarket is dominated by products manufactured in Korea so if there is something you need that is made in Korea and you cannot find it on Ebay, you will probably find it here. They even have GMarket.sg now because they realise that a lot of Singaporeans are buying stuff from them and these foreign consumers are unable to read Korean characters. You can choose English instead of Korean for the website language but the English description is really far inferior to that of the Korean ones. At times like this, I am grateful for my understanding of very basic Korean. I like that the buyer can combine shipping from different sellers because the items are sent to the HQ by the individual sellers and then packaged and sent to the buyers all over the world. It is cooler than Ebay in this aspect. Although incredibly successful, there are a few annoying aspects of GMarket.


  1. The website does not work well with Firefox. Best on Internet Explorer.

  2. They accept payment via Paypal and credit cards but the exchange rates for these 2 are ridiculous.

  3. They sell GMarket points which consumers can purchase and then use these points to pay for their products. It gives the buyer some extra bits here and there, which is the benefit. But it annoys me that I cannot 'sell' the points back.

  4. Shipping is so expensive and because they go by volumentric measurement as well, it does the buyers no good when the sellers pack every single item in an individual box. Waste of boxes and shipping space! PS: You can find tips on many websites like:


That's all then. Enjoy shopping!

No comments: